Monday, October 21, 2013

J1: Movie Discussion

  
   On 10/16 we had a really good conversation about movies. I had always been one to assume that movies were long, even from the start. Now I never thought the first were three hours but I just thought they were maybe an hour. Hearing that movies were short but yet so popular surprised me. When I'm thinking about it now, I understand. I love Youtube videos and those are very short. I understand now why people liked the short movies back then.

   It wasn't all about the movie itself though, as I discovered in class. It had a social aspect to it as well. People go to the movies with friends and family, some go alone but that's not typical. There is also the cultural aspect of movies. Movies have so much to offer and you never think about it until you think and learn about movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment